Certificate III Guarantee
Students can now take advantage of the Certificate III Guarantee, a Queensland Government, Department of Education and Training Initiative which aims to assist working-age Queenslanders without a post-school certificate III or higher-level qualification to complete a nationally recognised certificate III qualification that leads to:
- a job outcome for individuals trying to enter the labour market or their desired industry/career
- advancement in the workplace or career progression for individuals already employed in their preferred industry.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to receive government contribution participants must:
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or no longer at school
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen permanently living in Queensland
- Employment status does not matter – a participant can be unemployed and seeking work, or be working on a full-time, part-time, self-employed or casual basis
- Not hold a Certificate level III or higher qualification*
*This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification is through a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship pathway. Certificate level III qualification completed while at secondary school does not exclude you from accessing the Certificate III Guarantee.
Browse BBHT’s Certificate III in Hospitality or Certificate III in Retail Operations.
To find out if you are eligible contact our friendly Customer Service staff on 07 3117 9722.
For more information about the Certificate III Guarantee, visit the Training Queensland website at training.qld.gov.au/training/incentives/certificate3.
CERTIFICATE III GUARANTEE CONCESSIONAL PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS
Under the Certificate III Guarantee, concessional participants are defined as follows:
- The participant holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card; or
- The participant holds an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the participant is entitled to concessions under a health care concession card or pensioner concession card; or the participant is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
The definition of a Concessional Participant above only applies when the Participant or Participant’s family or guardian is responsible for the payment of any Student Contribution Fee. When a Commonwealth Government agency (e.g. Jobs Services Australia Provider) is using Australian Government funding to pay student fees on behalf of the Participant, then no concessions are to apply.
CERTIFICATE III GUARANTEE ENTITLEMENT
Eligible participants will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Certificate III Guarantee once they complete a Certificate Level III qualification.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICE PROVIDERS
ESP’s will be invoiced in advance for the entire course. All accounts are 30 day net of invoice. Any late payments may incur a late fee. A purchase order must be provided for each enrolment or a letter of authority to purchase. The invoice will be issued on the day of commencement of the course based upon the attendance of students.
Certificate III Guarantee Student Contribution Fee Refund Policy
Certificate III Guarantee Student Contribution refunds must be requested in writing 7 days prior to withdrawal. Withdrawal request must be made on the Withdrawal Request Form. This must be signed by the student and where applicable, referring 3rd Party.
Units will be refunded on a unit-by-unit basis for all non-commenced units. Refunds will be processed via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) 7 days after the request has been received.
If an offer of a place is withdrawn, or Brisbane Business & Hospitality Training is unable to provide the program, the learner is eligible for a full or pro rata refund of tuition fees paid within 7 days.