Cook / Chef – The Club Hotel & Commercial Hotel Chinchilla
By: Waymark Hotels
Chinchilla is a vibrant and friendly country town in the heart of the Western Downs and is considered to be a semi-rural area, so there is a real sense of community amongst locals. We are currently seeking passionate Cooks / Chefs to join our kitchen teams at the Club Hotel & Commercial Hotel Chinchilla on a full time or casual basis. We judge our success on our close community of loyal customers and therefore proud the Chinchilla locals continue to love our service, authenticity and commitment to exceeding expectations. As a Cook / Chef, your day to day duties will include assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in maintaining a smooth and efficient kitchen operation, ensuring that meals are prepared and presented are of high quality and in a timely manner and assisting with basic kitchen management tasks. The following skills, behaviours and qualifications are essential:
- Certificate III in Hospitality (commercial cookery) or higher
- Kitchen experience in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Availability to work hospitality hours
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work unsupervised
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a chef?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?