Unique Student Identifier
Your USI is a number that links to an online account that will contain all your training records and results (transcript) that you complete from 1 January 2015 onwards. Your results from any study undertaken in 2015 will be available in your USI account in 2016.
Having a Usi Will Link All Your Training Records and Allow You To:
Some Questions You Might Have
From 1 January 2015, you will need a USI if you are a:
- student enrolling in nationally recognised training program for the first time. For example if you are studying at BBHT completing a certificate or diploma course
- school student completing a nationally recognised training program
- student continuing a nationally recognised training program.
You are a considered to be a continuing student if you are a student who has already started your course in a previous year (and not yet completed it) and will continue studying after 1 January 2015.
It’s free and easy to create your own USI and will only take a few minutes of your time online at www.usi.gov.au.
While you can create your own USI, we can also create one for you. For us to be able to do this you will need to provide us with the authority to do this on your behalf, along with valid ID such as the following:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with non-Australian passport) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) – please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Citizenship Certificate